The fertility doula training and certification course available through New Beginnings Doula Training is currently under development. We anticipate the fertility program to be ready for public training in late 2018 or early 2019. Check back then for more information on how to register.
If you are a currently registered student in the development group, please login to access course materials.
Fertility Doula Training Requirements
- Read through the educational modules provided.
- Complete the assignments presented throughout the unit.
- Attend at least two clients that you provide full care for. This includes a prenatal interview in which the needs of your client are assessed, the supportive care given, and a follow up interview in order to establish that your care fulfilled her needs and she is able to cope on her own.
- For each birth, write up a care plan on the form which will be provided for you.
- Read the required books and write a page about each.
These books can be read at any time, but will be referenced at certain times in the course.
- Taking Charge of Your Fertility- Toni Weschler
- Mind Body Baby: How to Overcome Stress and Enhance Your Fertility with CBT, Mindfulness and Good Nutrition- Ann Bracken
The course content is as follows:
I. Doula Assessment Skills
A. Provides research on the benefits of postpartum doulas.
B. Provides a framework to help you assess the needs of a postpartum woman and how to provide supportive care for those needs.
C. Provides coursework on where and how to find good research as well as a basic understanding of research papers.
II. Anatomy/Physiology/LIfestyle choices
III. Doula Skills